I suggest you ...

Just noticed a bug with the numbering of dives

It appears that the numbering is based on the order that you input the dive rather than ordered on the date/time that you conducted the dive.

Example, i just imported my last two dives from my computer- but in reverse order chronologically. Appears that the dive that happened on sunday at 15:46 is numbered before the dive at 11am on Sunday.

Not sure it's a major change to put in logic for the ordering of log numbers. hope this helps anyway!

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jeremy Davey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminDiveboard team (Admin, Diveboard) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you can reorder the dives by going in the bulk uploader, select all dives and assign a number - there you will have an auto-number function

Unfortunately this is a design question, since you can add dives in the past, mark down dives that were never added to diveboard and have dives with no number (for snorkeling sessions for instance) it's really hard to understand what to do if you add a dive in the past. renumbering all subsequent dives may not fit everybody's needs and may end up messing their logs... so we won't do it.
    If you want to renumber all your dives chronologically the bulk uploader is here to do so in a few clicks

Hope this helps !

Alex

• Tim Waldo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Jeremy, the dives should be sorted on date and then time in order to give the best result of actual dive number. This should not be a major change on the back end of the system.

• Tim Waldo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dives should at least be ordered by date.... If I insert a dive that was 3 weeks ago it shouldn't be higher than one I did yesterday. It might be dive 20 in the table, but in reality it's dive 15.... I'm guessing your keying your dive number based on next number available to the table NOT next dive number...either need to create a new field in your database (most likely easiest fix) or have the dives re-indexed every time one is entered based on date....

• AdminDiveboard team (Admin, Diveboard) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not really sure how to handle this issue ....
    lmagine you input a dive from 3 yrs ago - would you like me to renumber all subsequent dives ?

The current bulk renumbering lets you create empty spaces between dive numbers but just bluntly renumbering everything everytime a new dive gets added is odd imho or at least would break the current logic where we wanted to give the flexibility to add any value you want ...
    maybe we need to add a flag enable/disable auto numbering where we would rescan all uploaded dives and renumber everytime a new dive is added ?

Feedback and Knowledge Base