I suggest you ...

Merge Dive Site Duplicates

There are a lot of duplicates of the same dive site. I am adding the dives I did in Koh Tao, Thailand and every dive site seems to have five duplicates! Please can you add a way to merge them.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Olly Stedall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminDiveboard team (Admin, Diveboard) responded  · 

Hi Daniel,
We’re a bit behind schedule on shipping the spot moderation feature – it’s basically done and available to admins but we’re missing out a few tweaks to make it available to everybody :)

But it’s on its way !

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminDiveboard team (Admin, Diveboard) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Pawel,

Yup we've been slacking on that one - apologies :(
    On the upside we've vastly clarified how it could be done - It should land around end of April
    In the meantime admins have already a tool to fix dupes - so feel free to email me ( alex@ )with the ones bothering you!

alex

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be helpful to display a little map so choosing a dive site becomes simpler - often, I don't know if somebody created one already and named it just slightly different.

• AdminDiveboard team (Admin, Diveboard) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Daniel,
    We’re a bit behind schedule on shipping the spot moderation feature – it’s basically done and available to admins but we’re missing out a few tweaks to make it available to everybody :)

But it’s on its way !

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Alex,

"Modify dive site" works great to modify a dive site;-) But could you not make it eliminate duplicates? (f.eg. Tiger Reef, Tioman, Malaysia)

Hi Olly,

this is under way,

We used to manually moderate those, but Diveboard has grown past the point when it's feasible so we're working on a tool for users to propose moderation actions :)

Alex

Feedback and Knowledge Base