I suggest you ...

Integrate and sync with desktop dive logs

Many of us have existing desktop solutions we use to log our dives, such as Diving Log 5 and MacDive 2. I have tried exporting for the latter, and the solution is lacking in many aspects, missing many fields. Ideally we should be able to sync data, but at least have a reliably batch upload option for all dives.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gunn Person shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael Werle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just had a quick look at the Subsurface application (Linux, but also available on Mac and Windows).

Would it be possible for you to publish an API to allow people to integrate Diveboard support into opensource applications? Ideal would be a 2-way sync API.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I assume sync is also the way to export your dive log for back up reasons? Is there a way to export your data out? I love it all being in the cloud, but I'd also like to have a local copy b/c I'm manually entering all my old dive info and wouldn't want to do it again.

• Mike Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be fantastic if I could enter my details in MacDive and then hit a button that Syncs my Mac Dive data with my Diveboard account. This way I can enter once but have the data in both places.

It would seem reasonably simple to map MacDive fields to Diveboard fields and have the ability to enter Diveboard account info in MacDive to allow the sync. `

• AdminDiveboard team (Admin, Diveboard) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Merge is already there !
        On the bulk uploader when you upload a bunch of profiles you can always assign one to an existing dive (the dropdown to the right) cf screenshot here : http://www.diveboard.com/community/news/2012/12/new-features-on-diveboard-buddies-widgets-better-bulk-uploader-support-for-suunto-moovescount-B2lqgRv

Let me know if you were thinking about sth else and I'm missing the point ;)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition, I'd like to see an option to merge when uploading. If something changes in Diving Log 5--like you found old profile information that you thought had been deleted on an old hard drive--then you should be able to merge the new information into an existing dive when you export/upload. It seems now that the only options are to skip or create new.

Feedback and Knowledge Base