General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Merge Dive Site Duplicates

There are a lot of duplicates of the same dive site. I am adding the dives I did in Koh Tao, Thailand and every dive site seems to have five duplicates! Please can you add a way to merge them.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Daniel,
    We’re a bit behind schedule on shipping the spot moderation feature – it’s basically done and available to admins but we’re missing out a few tweaks to make it available to everybody :)

But it’s on its way !

2. Integrate and sync with desktop dive logs

Many of us have existing desktop solutions we use to log our dives, such as Diving Log 5 and MacDive 2. I have tried exporting for the latter, and the solution is lacking in many aspects, missing many fields. Ideally we should be able to sync data, but at least have a reliably batch upload option for all dives.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. RSS feed of my dives

RSS feed of my dives - maybe parsed once every few days - in order to automatically post and link back to my public profile. For example:

<title>John just posted a new dive to Diveboard!</title>
    <description>Click the link below to check out his latest dive in LOCATION.</description>
    <link>profile link</link>

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a Dive Planning Site

Similar to the earlier post where a group of people who were on the same dive trip can share their photos in a common pool - this works at the other end of the trip - pre-dive planning.
    It would be a nice feature to have a space where you could propose a dive trip to your friends (or wider group if you chose to make it public) and then collaborate on the dive planning and preparation. You could include simple discussion threads, dive maps, links to existing dive sites in DiveBoard, proposed dates, travel arrangements, accommodation, dive objectives, logistics…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We call that the “event” section – wireframes are done and the design should start soon – thanks for the detailed description though it will help making sure we didn’t miss sth :)

5. Use the "Trip" as an Object

There currently doesn't appear to be a way to attach comments, maps, photos etc to a "trip", only to individual "dives". Many times there are interesting photos and stories around the trip itself, the journey, arrival, background etc. It would be good to extend the hierarchy to allow comments photos and maps to be attached to the trip itself.
    The map for the trip could roll up the dive locations for the individual dives and show them all on a single map.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Upgrade the Android App

The web site is excellent - refreshing, modern, and functional. Based on that experience I had high hopes and expectations when I downloaded the Android app, thinking it would be slick, smooth, professional, and fun. However, the app feels like someone's weekend project partially done.
    Also doesn't scale well on tablets of any size. Needs a big re-work to bring it up to the standard of the web site itself.
    Looking forward to the next version.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. iPad application

Possibility to View, locally store for offline viewing, as well offline adding new dives then synch to diveboard when online.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get info for DAN tab automaticly

In the DAN tab you are asked stuff like, certification date and number of dives within last 12 month/5yr, which could be picked from the information allready in DiveBoard.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New dives not set as favorites

Hi

it seems when we create a new dive and then go to the favorite sites in order to edit them, all new divers are checked as favorites; I would prefer to have every new dive not favorite and check the one I want (if go for a trip of 20 dives, most of the time, 2 or 3 are part of the favorites, not all of them

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base